Businesses of all sizes and in many industries are struggling to maintain a consistent, shareable and accurate single version of customer data across their organizations — a requirement that is growing in importance. With the increasing focus on the digitalization of enterprises, management of their key master data is also becoming more important. The ability to achieve and maintain a single, semantically consistent version of customer master data is crucial for customer-centric organizations.
IBM, Informatica, Oracle & Tibco are in the Leaders Quadrant of "Gartner Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions 2014" considering following criteria by Gartner.
· Data-modeling capabilities
· Information quality and semantic capabilities
· Business services, integration and synchronization
· Workflow and BPM capabilities
· Performance, scalability, security and availability capabilities
· Stewardship support and services
· Technology and architectural considerations
· Information governance support
Master data management (MDM) of customer data solutions are software products that:
ü Support the global identification, linking and synchronization of customer information across heterogeneous data sources through semantic reconciliation of master data
ü Create and manage a central, persisted system of record or index of record for master data
ü Enable delivery of a single customer view to all stakeholders, in support of various business benefits
ü Support ongoing master data stewardship and governance requirements through workflow-based monitoring and corrective-action techniques